Elizabeth Lois Bower, 76, of Zephyrhills, FL, passed away on Dec. 18, 2022, at her home after a brief illness. Lois, as she was known to her friends and family, was born May 19, 1946, in Minot, ND, to John and Anna (Behm) Buettner. After marrying Donald Bower, Lois moved to Oswego, NY, with him in 1969 and was a longtime speech therapist for Oswego County BOCES where she retired in 2001. She enjoyed spending time with her friends and family, playing cards, dancing and traveling. Lois is survived by her daughter Michele Winter; her two sons Shane (Erin) Bower and Kevin (Elissa) Bower; and her five grandchildren Andrew, Julia, William, Jack, and Norah. She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband Donald. Funeral services will be held on Friday, Jan. 6, at 11 a.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Zephyrhills, FL, followed by a burial at 1:30 p.m. at Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, FL. Memorial donations in Lois’s name can be made to The Thomas Promise Foundation, 4542 Gall Blvd, Zephyrhills, FL 33542 or Gulfside Hospice, 2061 Collier Parkway, Land O’Lakes, FL 34639.
- After many delays, indoor waterpark is almost ready
- Oswego schools superintendent quits
- Oswego man sentenced to 22 years in prison for attack
- Panel OK’s funding for county’s first disc golf course
- Former councilor challenges Fulton mayor
- Fulton schools try new approach to discipline
- Port needs a tug: Authority says it would help attract more ocean-going ships
- Wrestling wrap-up: Two Oswego County wrestlers claim podium spots at state tourney
- Mint will release quarter honoring town of Oswego’s Dr. Mary Walker
- Richard J. ‘Dick’ Murphy
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.