To the editor,
In or out of politics, I have spent a lifetime in our community standing up for commonsense conservative values. I have a proven record of standing up to corruption and defending those without a voice. I will continue to be a compassionate advocate for the people of the 22nd Congressional District and will ensure that the truth is told regardless of political affiliation.
My quest is to seek the truth and create practical and viable solutions. That is why I have the endorsement of President Donald Trump, the National Rifle Association, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, the New York State Conservative Party, GOP Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik and Congressmen Steve Scalise, Devin Nunes and Lee Zeldin, among many other House Republicans. Governor Mike Huckabee, the Susan B. Anthony List, National Right to Life and many other groups support me because principled and proven conservatives know where I stand, and they stand with me.
My record of accomplishment speaks for itself. In both Congress and Albany, I have:
- Put military servicemen and women, veterans, and their families first, securing higher pay, rebuilding a decaying military, better quality care for our veterans, and greater recognition for their service.
- Fought political corruption and special interests, writing a bill to strip felonious politicians of their pensions, and courageously called for the resignations of powerful abusers like disgraced former Speaker Sheldon Silver.
- Stood up for Upstate New York first and always, working to get the military to buy American-made flatware, secured tens of millions in community development and anti-opioid abuse grants.
- Cut taxes and red tape that burden our families, farms, and small businesses, so that our economy and region can prosper again.
- Protected our seniors’ well-deserved social security benefits with increases and defended against potential cuts to their earnings.
- Took on Communist China – opposing its technology theft, unfair trade practices, and dangerous lies, and exposing its coronavirus cover-up.
- Stood up against Gov. Andrew Cuomo and radical Albany/New York City Democrats and their left-wing policies which are killing jobs and promoting lawlessness in upstate NY.
Beyond this, I am a former award-winning publisher and journalist, an attorney and small business owner, the daughter of an honorable New York Supreme Court Justice and perhaps most importantly, the mother of a United States Naval Academy Graduate and Marine Corps Captain.
Yet my never-Trump primary opponent keeps attacking me with falsehoods and smears. I have debated him seven times in the last few years and he offers nothing new for the voters in this ever changing dynamic world we face each day. He continues to repeat overused shallow platitudes and memorized quotes from former politicians. After twelve years of continuous campaigning, and three losing campaigns he has never been elected and has never taken a vote. The attacks lodged by my opponent are downright absurd. It is simply false to say I received an “F” from the American Conservative Union. In fact, that group does not give letter grades and my record shows I am more conservative than the vast majority of our current Republican delegation from New York. Furthermore, the American Conservative Union’s sister group, the New York Conservative Party, named me the Conservative Legislator of the Year and endorsed my campaign now and every time I have run for office in the past.
Please join President Trump and me in our “Great American Comeback” — a renewed domestic economy, better trade deals, more support for our veterans, putting a stop to illegal immigration, and putting American businesses and their workers first.