OSWEGO COUNTY - Due to concerns surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak and to further encourage social distancing, the Oswego County Clerk’s office has implemented the following protocols effective Thursday, March 19 until further notice:
- In-person services will be limited to emergency court document filings and notary services only. Call (315) 349-8613 to schedule an appointment.
- The public is encouraged to continue to record and file documents via electronic means or by sending documents through the U.S. Postal Service. Many transactions can be accomplished through e-recording, e-filing, or the postal service. Please contact the Clerk’s Office for more information.
- Many of the records maintained by the County Clerk’s office can be searched online at SearchIQS.com. Land records, judgements, liens, and business certificates are available at no charge; there is a minimal fee for printing copies or viewing certain documents.
- Pistol permit applications can be purchased in two ways:
- Call (315) 349-8620 with a credit card payment, or
- Mail a letter requesting a pistol permit application, with a $20 check made out to “Oswego County Clerk,” to Oswego County Clerk, Pistol Permits, 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego, NY 13126.
Passport and EZ-Pass transactions are suspended until further notice.