OSWEGO — Erin Lohnas will continue teaching classes on the use of the 3-D printer next month in order to create viable workshops relating to the subject matter. Introductory courses will continue to be held on using 3D printers, and patrons will be shown how they can create different pre-made 3D models that are available online for download. Workshops will be available from 2-4 p.m. Aug. 3, 6 and 20.
The Introduction to Computers classes and Internet Basics classes will be held again next month due to high demand for these workshops, as attendance for them this month has been very high. The Microsoft Office classes and Ancestry.com workshops will also be offered again, as there have been numerous requests for them during the last few months.
Here is the breakdown of all of the classes that will be offered in August of 2019:
• Mondays, Aug. 5, 12, 19 and 26 – Introduction to Computers No. 3 – No. 1 (cycles through five parts), 10 a.m. to noon; Internet Basics No. 1-4, (cycles through five parts), 2-4 p.m.
• Tuesdays: Aug. 6, 3D Printing Lab; Aug. 13, Navigating eBay; Aug. 20, 3D Printing Lab; and Aug. 27, Using Touchscreen Devices, all 2-4 p.m.
• Wednesdays: Aug. 7, Microsoft Word; Aug. 14, Microsoft Excel; Aug. 21, Microsoft PowerPoint; and Aug. 28, Microsoft Publisher, all 2-4 p.m.
• Thursdays: Aug. 1, Online Shopping/eBay and Amazon; Aug. 8, Navigating Facebook; Aug. 15, Using Overdrive; Aug. 22, Using Google Earth; and Aug. 29 Navigating ancestry.com, all 2-4 p.m.
• August 3, 3D Printing Lab, 2-4 p.m.
Tech Help Open Lab will be held from 10 a.m. to noon the following dates during the month of August:
• Tuesdays, Aug. 6, 13, 20 and 27; Thursdays Aug. 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29; and Fridays, Aug. 9 and 23.
The Library Learning Center is located on the lower level of the Oswego Public Library, and is open Monday-Friday. All programs are free and open to the public. Call the library at 315-341-5867 to register for workshops or for more information. Sign-up sheets are also available at the main desk.