OSWEGO — The proposed Lake Ontario national marine sanctuary is described as a “shipwreck sanctuary” that would protect the maritime heritage of lakeshore communities, and the process is moving forward as federal officials plan to start crafting draft proposals in the coming months.
- High lake levels, weather force cancellation of Pro-Am Fishing Tournament
- Oswego County Health Department will hold ‘Tap Water Taste Contest’ June 27 at Oswego Farmers' Market
- Schumer visits lake as anger, waves crest
- Local legend Vern Tryon honored by Legislature
- First Step in Mexico’s Beautification Program
The NBT Bank team won the Greater Oswego-Fulton Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament on Monday at Oswego Country Club. Pictured from left are Katie Toomey, executive director of GOFCC; and NBT Bank team members Nick Canale, Tom Roman, Don Wahrendorf and Joel Robinson. KR Productions came in s…
Citing inspiration from nearby hospice care providers and a lack of 24-hour services for the terminally ill in the county, residents and health professionals with local nonprofit Wellhouse Ministries want to build a home in Oswego County to care for those in their twilight years.